A global view of the Emitech group
Specialized in the development and validation of powertrains, EMC supports and anticipates future solutions, especially in the field of electrification of powertrains.
With the combined skills within the Emitech Group, EMC provides a global solution for batteries, electric motors and even fuel cells.
Our support dedicated to batteries
We test a wide range of batteries starting from the design phase up to the validation and qualification phase.
Our facilities are based on automotive batteries specifications but are adaptable to the specific needs of the railway or aeronautical sectors.
- Dimensions: up to 2,6m x 1,6m (L x W)
- Weight: 800kg*to 1000kg
* Automotive battery limit for vibration testing
- Capacity: 300kW / 1000V /1000A
From prototype to production
A wide range of skills
Mechanical / Vibration
Use of internal values (cells) to control the tests.
From the design of test tools (fixtures...) to the design of specific test benches.
We offer a global solution, or at key milestones of your project, through our project management.
Our skills in instrumentation, control software and mechanical expertise on cells, modules and packs go along our expertise in testing.
From the transport of your batteries to their dismantling and recycling.
Standards and test methods
Whether for transport (UN 38.3), homologation (ECE R100, ECE R10...) or design and validation, standards and test methods are powerful tools to develop more efficient and safer batteries.
EMC along with the other affiliates of the Group brings you a global solution.
- IEC 62660-1/2/3
Secondary lithium-ion modules for xEV propulsion of electric road vehicles (Performance testing/Abuse testing/Safety requirements)
Electric hybrid vehicles – Test specification for lithium-ion traction battery packs and systems (High-power applications / High energy applications, Performance & Abuse (SC, OC, OD) /Safety Requirements for Part 1 & 2 Tests + Additional Tests & Clarifications)
IEC62133, IEC62619 & IEC62620...
GTR 20, UNR100, FMVSS 305, SAE J2464, SAE J2929, GB 38031, GB/T 31484, GB/T 31486, KMVSS...
LV 123, LV 124, PSA B21 7110,PSA B21 7112, PSA B21 7130, Renault 36-00-802, Renault 36-00-808...
EMC is able to instrument your battery, monitor the BMS and the SOC (state of charge) and propose adjustments, to carry out expertises on the packs and modules...
Find out more details on battery cycling in the bench description part.
T1 - Altitude simulation
T2 - Thermal test
T3 - Vibration
T4 - Shock
T5 - External Short Circuit
T6 - Impact/Crush
T7 - Overcharge
T8 - Forced Discharge
9A - Vibration tests
9B - Thermal shock and cycle
9C - Mechanical shock
9D - Mechanical integrity
9E - Fire resistance
9F - External short circuit protection
9G - Overcharge protection
9H - Over-discharge protection
9I - Over-temperature protection
9J - Over-current protection
Thermal propagation (§6.15) and risk analysis (coolant leakage and pollution tests...)
Our support dedicated to electric motors
Our testing facilities are designed for a wide range of electric motors and are associated with battery simulators corresponding to their purpose.
- Dedicated test benches (example of the e-motor bench dedicated to high speed electric motors) - 1000V/1000A/250kW
- Multipurpose test benches (Modular and adaptable solutions, parallel and serial coupling - 150kW 1000V or 900A
- 48V test benches - modular 15 or 30kW
Our dedicated facilities for electric motors complete those for ICS, hybrid, plug-in hybrid, micro-hydrides
Characterization and validation of electric motors
Depending on whether the vehicles are hybrid, full electric or even use a hydrogen fuel cell, different service options are to be considered:
- Driving / Cold start / Heat up phase - Climatic chassis dynamometer
- Calibration - Dynamic bench
- Mechanical validation Endurance & powertrain vibration characterization - Powertrain bench
- Endurance – mechanical validation / Cold calibration / DOEs - Climatic dynamic bench
- Endurance mechanical validation & e-powertrain vibratory characterization – e Powertrain bench
- Characterization & electric motor and gearbox endurance – Eclair bench + ePowertrain
Adapted resources to the requirements of electric motors
- Same test rooms,
- Same team,
- New technologies,
- New skills,
- ... But a same passion !
Focus on 48V tests
- Bench up to 30kW and 24'000rpm,
- 6-channels power analyser,
- Thermal management of ambient air, glycol and oil,
- Engineering on the dynamic response of the shafts and supports
- VDA320 or LV123 tests on rotating motor
Electro magnetic characterization
- CISPR25 motor bench (EMC neutral),
- Faraday room, electrical and hydraulic services
- EMC radiated emission and immunity,
- EMC conducted emission and immunity,
- Real time monitoring of the electric motor.
Know-how focused on the future technologies
The electrification market is not limited to cars and trucks: light vehicles, off-road mobile machineries, VTOL (Vertical Take-off and Landing aircraft)...
Our engineering department dedicated to the design of benches has developed solutions to meet the expectations of our customers.
- High speed and high dynamics in a package solution - Back-to-back bench up to 30'000 rpm
- Micro-hybridization (Mild-Hybrid), light vehicle or retrofit solution: ICE dynamometer + gearbox up to 20'000 rpm on electric motor
Our own-developed control and acquisition software solution PULSAR is adapted to the electric motors specificities.
PULSAR manages the security of our benches and allows the recording at 10Hz of an assembly of up to 200 measuring channels and performs the control of the benches and the rapid acquisition of data of the tested equipment.
Our software suite extends with:
- PULSAR Graph: Tool for viewing recordings and post-processing
- PULSAR Vibes: Tool for vibratory monitoring
- PULSAR Mobile: Embedded version to quickly set up acquisitions in a bench or to realize embedded acquisitions in a vehicle.
The PULSAR suite is the result of an exclusive development started more than 10 years ago and is updated very regularly.
This suite is based on solutions from National Instruments
With its modular design, our solution is flexible and quick to adapt, it allows us to meet the challenge of technological developments in the mobility sector:
- Control of any industrial device (Modbus, EtherCat, LAN,...)
- The integrated CAN supervisor allows sequencing from the device data.
- Sampling at 10kHz for HV bus monitoring